Friday, February 12, 2010

Hipster Beards

Came across this today when trying to decide what to do with my beard.
I couldn't help but think of all the accusations towards myself and friends and the varying definitions I've heard of the word hipster. Made me laugh.

If you're a hipster, you likely won't admit that you are. But if you listen to obscure music until it's popular, feign interest in contemporary art, where tight clothes and pretend you're poor despite your trust fund -- and you think I'm making fun of someone else right now -- then you should be growing a neatly trimmed, short beard. "Neatly" actually means "strategically" here. You don't want it too full because you're too vain and insecure to grow a full beard. But you also don't want it to look like you care.

Nonetheless, I still say diy or die.

In other news, going to this fancy italian place on main street for dinner today with danielle. I saw something on the menu with the words vegetarian, ravioli, and goatcheese: which means deliciousness will ensue. I'm pretty sure it will go against all the healthy eating I've done the past week (I started p90x) but its my "rest day" so it's whatever.

I'll be updating this soonish. I wrote a really long blog that needs a few more sentences, and then will be posted. peace.


Listening to: Pianos become the teeth - Old Pride


No comments: